Harry J. Darragh III
Harry J. Darragh III
MARINETTE - Charges were filed Tuesday against the man involved in a two-hour standoff last Friday night on Hannah Street.

Harry J. Darragh III, 36, faces felony charges of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, felon in possession of a firearm and failure to comply with an officer. His initial appearance is set for 10:30 a.m. Friday before Judge Jim Morrison in Marinette County Branch 2.

Darragh appeared via video conference Tuesday. He has requested a public defender. He is lodged in the Marinette County Jail with bail set at $50,000.

Officers were dispatched to 2908 Hannah St. at 6:41 p.m. Friday for a report of a disturbance. The person who called 911 was Darragh's 10-year-old daughter, according to the criminal complaint.

Officers were advised that a man was pouring gasoline on his house and threatening to set it on fire, the complaint reads. Various officers responded, including patrolman Zak Slivinski.

As Slivinski arrived, he saw two young children crying and he heard loud yelling between a male and female from inside the home, according to the complaint.

The children were asked to move away from the home and wait for other officers, while Slivinski approached the home, according to the complaint. The officer saw Darragh holding a red, plastic gasoline can and yelling at his girlfriend, Stacy Sommers.

Slivinski pointed his rifle at the man and told him to get on the ground, the complaint states. Darragh ignored the command, ran inside the home and slammed the door. He came out about a minute later with the same gasoline can and began pouring gas on the exterior door and awning for the door. He also yelled at officers to back off or he would set the home on fire.

According to the complaint, officers spoke with Sommers and the two young girls and were able to determine what had transpired leading up to the 911 call. Sommers told officers she was receiving text messages from Darragh stating that he had been drinking and he was twirling a pistol.

Sommers and her daughter drove to the home and found Darragh lying on the floor with a knife and pistol by him, the complaint reads. She stated his daughter also was near the defendant.

Sommers stated she picked up the gun and took three bullets out of it and placed it on the counter. She threw the knife into the kitchen sink.

The defendant then woke up, an argument ensued and he threatened to kill himself, the complaint states. Sommers said Darragh went into his bedroom and began loading another gun with bullets. She stated there were bullets all over his bed. She grabbed the gun and threw it into the living room, the complaint reads.

Sommers' daughter told officers she hid the gun outside so the defendant could not find it, according to the complaint.

Darragh then grabbed another knife, but Sommers took it from him and threw it in the living room.

When Sommers and the children went outside, Darragh followed them, grabbed a gas can from the garage and began pouring gas onto Sommers and onto her truck.

Sommers said the defendant took a lighter, but was unsuccessful in trying to set her and her truck on fire, the complaint reads. Sommers and the young girls were able to use the house phone to call 911.

Police arrived shortly later.

Slivinski was able to make telephone contact with Darragh and ultimately talked him into surrendering. The defendant came out of the home peacefully at about 8:45 p.m., the complaint reads.

Many area police, fire and rescue agencies responded to the scene. A one-block area was evacuated during the standoff.

Darragh was convicted of a felony burglary charge in 1995.