Courtesy of Anuta Research Center
William “Bill” and George Behnke operated Behnke Brothers Grocery Store at the corner of Quimby Avenue (6th Avenue) Parmenter Street (5th Street), Menominee, from 1946 to 1979. The brothers were known for their choice cuts of fresh meat, their friendly smiles and their knack for teasing customers. The store served the east side neighborhood for generations. Louis Robert and his wife Lena operated the store in the late 1920s and early ‘30s. Fred Schumacher and his wife Mary, owned and operated the store from the mid-1930s until it was sold to the Behnke brothers following World War II. Living quarters were on the second floor.
Courtesy of Anuta Research Center
William “Bill” and George Behnke operated Behnke Brothers Grocery Store at the corner of Quimby Avenue (6th Avenue) Parmenter Street (5th Street), Menominee, from 1946 to 1979. The brothers were known for their choice cuts of fresh meat, their friendly smiles and their knack for teasing customers. The store served the east side neighborhood for generations. Louis Robert and his wife Lena operated the store in the late 1920s and early ‘30s. Fred Schumacher and his wife Mary, owned and operated the store from the mid-1930s until it was sold to the Behnke brothers following World War II. Living quarters were on the second floor.
William “Bill” and George Behnke operated Behnke Brothers Grocery Store at the corner of Quimby Avenue (6th Avenue) Parmenter Street (5th Street), Menominee, from 1946 to 1979. The brothers were known for their choice cuts of fresh meat, their friendly smiles and their knack for teasing customers. The store served the east side neighborhood for generations. Louis Robert and his wife Lena operated the store in the late 1920s and early ‘30s. Fred Schumacher and his wife Mary, owned and operated the store from the mid-1930s until it was sold to the Behnke brothers following World War II. Living quarters were on the second floor.