On Staycation next week!
Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:19 AM
Admit it, you want your cake and to eat it too. Well sometimes we need to suck it up and realize that eating that cake, isn't going to give you Kim Kardashians figure. But I will tell you some tasty treats, that are a great substitute instead of eating your brains out in the $1.00 candy aisle at Family Dollar. Ya, I see you with your sweats and baseball cap on pretending to be having a birthday party with all your crap..... BUSTED! Now, people who are angry right now having a hard time eating healthy are going to read this list, roll your eyes and say whatever, your crazy and swear at me. But, if you are consciously trying or currently eating healthy and exercising, you just might want to slap my butt and say "good game"
1. Propel in your water.
Just like kool-aid, but no sugar sticking to your innards
2. Hot Chocolate (full fat kind, it's only hot chocolate), Coffee with Creamer, even 1/2 fat free cappucino and 1/2 coffee. Just a nice sipping treat to make you feel naughty. option: stick your pinky out
3. Peanut Butter on anything. Celery, Apples, English Muffins, Toast, Toothbrush, Seriously even by the spoonful. It helps your sweet tooth, or in my case, fangs. If you have eaten 1/2 the jar, you have gone too far, back up...beeeep, beeeep, beeeeep.
4. Try eating a protein bar instead of a candy bar. It can actually be a meal replacement with fruit or veggies, but if you need something with chocolate, eat a ZONE bar. They are the best. Don't worry it's a meal replacement, worry that if you don't eat it, the whole vending machine might be empty before Brad comes back for seconds on his coffee.
5. Eat hard candy or a few skittles or starburst every couple days so you don't ever crave sugary candy. Nothing worse than a crave...then a binge....then an ugly cry to your bestie.
6. Cheese is always good, and people argue you shouldn't eat it because of the fat, but in my book it's better than a hunk of bread. (am I the only one who thinks of AC Slater when someone says Hunk?)
7. Trail Mix - it has nuts, raisins, M&M's!, seeds, sometimes chocolate chips....
8. Dried Fruit - an adult fruit snack.
9. Whey Protein Balls. Did I give the recipe yet? 2 scoop of whey protein (vanilla or chocolate) 1 scoop of cocoa powder (nestle or generic-use your whey scoop) 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup of peanut butter, a dash or two of milk (preferably almond milk, I'm not sure what the hype is, but it's better for these things) a dash of coconut shavings optional. Mix those ingredients up, and roll into 3/4 - 1 inch balls, ziplock them in the same bag and throw em in the fridge. So Easy I can do it.
Remember Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack.
Sometimes all we need is the ability to trick our brain into thinking were eating something sassy, when all honesty, there are worse things out there. Get some flavored creamer for your coffee, waaay better than McDonald's cafe stuff. Most days, I could chew on cardboard, and think it tasted amazing because I knew it had 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs. I gave away one of my protein balls, and the person eating it didn't hesitate to gag and tell me just how gross it was. (She must of gotten the one I dropped on the floor) While I'm over there eating them like Advil after a long night of drinking. It all comes down to how bad do you want IT. Team Sexy Hott Are You With Me?!